Your Support Matters
Our 2020 WakeUnited Campaign aims to live out our Wake Forest spirit of pro humanitate, by uniting our global campus community in a collective fundraising effort. We are partnered with the United Way to identify and address the most significant needs among those most at risk here in Winston-Salem and the surrounding area.
Wake Forest University’s United Way Campaign 2020
Nathan O. Hatch
President, Wake Forest University
“This is a marvelous way to help our neighbors and to underscore our commitment to Pro Humanitate.”
How to Make a Pledge
If you’d like to make a pledge, click the button below to be taken to Wake Forest University’s United Way ePledge campaign site.
A message from Chief Catrina Thompson, Chair of United Way of Forsyth County
New This Year: Car Giveaway
Read about the United Way of Forsyth County car giveaway and how to enter to win.
Provost, Wake Forest University
One of the reasons I love United Way is because they get real results. Another is because they knit this community together in such a powerful way.
Associate Dean and Professor of English
While we are a nation of privilege, not all of our communities experience that wealth of resources equally. Given these social, systemic inequities, I believe, we have an obligation to stand with our most vulnerable neighbors. And we must do so as collaborators, not “saviors”–we must value and honor communities’ agency and knowledge and join with them as they pursue economic, healthcare, housing, and educational stability.
Executive Director of Global Engagement & Administration
I pledge because the United Way amplifies the impact of funding and provides essential needs directly to neighbors in our community.
- Brad Shugoll, Associate Director of Service & Leadership, Office of Civic and Community Engagement
- Erica Still, Associate Dean for Faculty Recruitment, Diversity and Inclusion, & Associate Professor of English
- Mary Pugel, Chief of Staff, Office of the President, President’s Office Liaison
- John Shenette, Vice President, Facilities and Campus Services
- Denise Griggs, Assistant to the Dean of the College
- Leigh Stanfield, Executive Director for Global Engagement & Administration
- Kathleen O’Rourke, Recruiter, Recruitment & Strategic Communications
- John Turner, Director of Development, University of Advancement
- Richella Allen, Service Desk Specialist, School of Business
- Ashley Wechter, Assistant Athletic Director, Student-Athlete Development
- Dexter Sharp, Associate Director, Leadership Initiatives, Office of Student Engagement